Another project I started recently was the purchasing of old postcards and photographs of Ratby, Leicestershire in the UK. My original aim was to frame them and have them on display in my house, however some of the post card and photos were in poor condition or damaged, so with trusty Photoshop I set about restoring them. Each restoration is fairly time consuming I will add more as I complete them.
This is dated on the rear of the postcard 1960 (hand written) however I assume this picture to be of a much earlier date. The picture depicts the junction of Desford Lane, Main Street and Station Road. The picture was taken looking down Main Street towards Station Road, with the road to Desford Lane on the right of the picture.
Original – Click image to view at high resolution.
Cleaned – Click image to view at high resolution.
Finished – Click image to view at high resolution.
A quick quide to flashing the BIOS on your GIGABYTE BRIX. I’ve had a number of these and they make great little servers or media streaming PC’s, however it really is best to update the BIOS on these little boxes as it fixes a number of issues the tiny PC’s have.
Firstly you will need your specific BRIX models BIOS file.
Click here to download Gigabyte Brix BIOS files
Select your the BRIX model from the list then click on the tab “Support” next choose BIOS and download the latest BIOS file.
You will also need these:
HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
- Run hpusb.exe to install the utility.
- Plug in you USB flash drive to your computer. (all current files will be deleted)
- Run the program you just installed (HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool).
- Select your USB flash drive as your device.
- Choose FAT32 as file system.
- Under format options, choose create a DOS startup disk.
- Select ”using DOS system files located at” and point the program to the folder ”win98boot” which you just downloaded (you need to unzip this file).
- Click the start button.
Part 2: Flash the BRIX using the bootable USB flash drive:
- You now have a bootable USB flash drive, next copy the BIOS and other files over.
- Download the latest BIOS for your BRIX.
- Unpack the file you just downloaded.
- You now see three files, AFU303.exe, flash.bat together with the BIOS file. Copy all three files to the USB flash drive.
- Choose ”replace all files on destination” if you get this option.
- Reboot your computer, and during boot press ″F12″.
- Choose ”boot from USB”.
- You will see a Windows 98 loading screen very briefly and then get a C: prompt.
- Type flash.bat then press return / enter.
- The AMI firmware update utility will now update your BIOS.
- All done!